2013 Annual Town Board Meeting
Town of York
Annual Town Meeting
April 16, 2013
The meeting was called to order at 8:05 P.M. following installation of officers. Present were Chairman Dan Reeson, 1st Supervisor Dan Truttmann, 2nd Supervisor Steve Hermanson, Treasurer Ann Carlson, and Clerk Nancy Anderson. The minutes of the April, 2012 meeting were read by the clerk. Debra Fairbanks move to approve the minutes, Keith Steffen 2nd. Motion carried.
Budget and Financials
- The Treasurer presented the annual financial reports. It was noted by town Board member Dan Truttmann, that the Town roads had suffered quite a beating from the recent winter, and more money may have to be appropriated for repairs than what has been planned for. Dick Jaeger move to approve the budget, Bill Kuenzi 2nd. Motion carried.
Discussions of interest
- Dan Reeson informed the electors that a new bridge will soon be built on Poplar Grove Road. The cost will be approximately $220,000 with the State paying 80%, the County 10%, and the Town of York 10%.
- Debra Fairbanks commented on how nice the Town website looks.
- Dick Jaeger was pleased to finally see the Plan Commission minutes presented on the website.
- Debra Fairbanks and Keith Steffen were promoting a movement to amend the U.S. Constitution with a resolution to overturn “Citizens United vs. Federal Election Commission” which would firmly establish that money is not speech, and that human beings, not corporations, are persons entitled to constitutional rights. Interested persons may go online to South Central WI Move to Amend – www.scwmta.org to learn more or to sign the petition found there. The Town will attempt to include an article in the annual newsletter citing the pros and cons, if space allows. Bill Kuenzi felt that this would be a waste of time for both the Town Board and York’s citizens. Dick Jaeger also felt that the Board should not get involved.
2014 Annual Meeting
- Dan Reeson move to hold the next Annual meeting on Tuesday, April 15, 2014, Eric Peterson 2nd. Motion carried.
- Bill Kuenzi move to adjourn the meeting, Eric Peterson 2nd. Motion carried. The meeting adjourned at 8:40 P.M.
- Steve Hermanson- Steve Hermanson removed himself from the Board for this transaction. Dan Reeson move to approve a farm driveway permit for Steve Hermanson, Dan Truttmann 2nd. Motion carried. $1300.00 collected.
- Dan Reeson move to adjourn the special meeting, Dan Truttmann 2nd. Motion carried. The meeting adjourned at 8:45 P.M.
Nancy Anderson, Clerk